There are several different kinds/types of parks in The Woodlands including Townwide Parks, Area Parks, Village Parks, Neighborhood Parks & Amenity Parks. Click here for a discussion of the different park types.
There are "Wheel Friendly Parks" that feature Skateboard Parks (complete with concrete grinding walls, stairs, rails, and bowls) and Bicycle Motocross (BMX) Dirt Tracks.
The Woodlands is also home to five Leash-Free Dog Parks; two in Cochran's Crossing, one in College Park, one in Harper's Landing, and one in Grogan's Mill.
The fourteen Village parks are those that feature swimming pools, including the Rob Fleming Aquatic Center at Rob Fleming Park.
The Woodlands features two frisbee golf (frolf) courses, one at Bear Branch Sports Park and the other at Terramont Park in Sterling Ridge. Additionally, one other disc golf course can be found just outside The Woodlands in Spring.
The Woodlands parks, shopping centers, and villages are, or will be, interconnected via The Woodlands Pathways - 4' wide concrete sidewalks that wind through the many trees and neighborhoods. The pathways also connect the Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion and the various free parking areas for the seasonal concerts and events held at the outdoor amphitheater.
Frequently Asked Questions About The Woodlands Parks
Where is The Woodlands Recreation Center?
* The Gorilla Hole starts at 6:30 PM on the first and third Fridays of the month in the Woodlands Recreation Center.
The Recreation Center will be closed on New Year's Day (January 1, 2014), Good Friday (April 18, 2014), and Memorial Day (May 26, 2014).
Which parks have pavilions I can reserve for my party/ reunion/ quinceañera/ picnic/ gathering?
• In Cochran's Crossing: Bear Branch Park, Capstone Park, Cattail Park, Cochran's Bend Park, Cochran's Green Park, Golden Sage Park, Hayden's Run Park, Shadowbend Park, and Summer Cloud Park.
• In College Park: Harper's Landing Park, and Tapestry Park.
• In Creekside Park: Jagged Ridge Park, Rob Fleming Park, Spincaster Park, Timarron Park, Tupelo Park, Wendtwoods Park, and Wilde Creek Park.
• In Grogan's Mill: Grogan's Point Park, Loggers Hollow Park, Maplewood Park, Mel Killian Park, Sawmill Park, and Tamarac Park.
• In Indian Springs: Chandler Creek Park, Deer Rush Pond Park, Falconwing Park, Forestgate Park, Hazelcrest Park, and Trace Creek Park.
• In Panther Creek: Clover Park, Creekwood Park, Meadowlake Park, Northshore Park, Ridgewood Park, Southshore Park, Tallowberry Park, The Cove Park, and Wedgewood Park.
• In Sterling Ridge: Bantam Woods Park, Black Knight Park, Bonny Branch Commons, Craftwood Park, Cranebrook Park, May Valley Park, Montfair Park, Old Sterling Park, Pepperdale Park, Spinning Wheel Park, St. Peter's Gate, Terramont Park, and Winterra Park.
How do I reserve a park/pavilion?
How much does it cost to reserve a park or pavilion in The Woodlands?
See our Google map of all parks in The Woodlands.
Page 1 of 5