The Woodlands is not an incorporated city so it cannot pass laws or ordinances of its own. Fortunately, Montgomery County has passed an ordinance that requires animals to be vaccinated, leashed and controlled, etc. The ordinance is enforced through the Montgomery County Health Department, Animal Control Division. Their phone number is 281 364-4200.
If a dog or cat is running loose or becoming a nuisance in the neighborhood, Animal Control will provide you with specific information regarding their services. The Woodlands Development Standards (or Deed Restrictions) address certain aspects of pet ownership as well. Contact the Residential Design Review Committees for a Standards booklet at 281 210-3973.
• No animals other than dogs may be brought into the fenced area.
• Children under 9 are not permitted in the park as it is strongly urged that young children not be brought into the dog park area for their own safety.
• All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the Park.
• All dogs must have current vaccinations and should be healthy and free from contagious disease and parasites.
• Never leave dogs unattended while at the dog park.
• Dogs must be in view of and within voice control of their owner/handler at all times.
• Pinch, choker chains and spiked collars must be removed from dogs prior to entering the dog park for the safety of other dogs as well as patrons. Small, bite sized training treats are permitted.
• Dog's owner/handler must carry a leash with them at all times while in the park.
• Dog's owner/handler are responsible for picking up and disposing of all of their dog's waste.
• Dogs in heat are prohibited.
• Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the park.
• Puppies under 4 months of age are prohibited.
• All dogs must be under the control of an adult, and there is a limit of three (3) dogs per adult in the park at any time.
• Glass containers, food in bowls, long lasting chews and human food are not allowed inside the dog park area.
• Smoking is prohibited.
• Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades or any motorized vehicles are not allowed in the dog parks.
• Owners/handlers must stop their dogs from digging and are responsible for filling any holes their dog creates.
• In an emergency, please contact the Parks Department at 281-210-3800 or call 911.
• Dog's owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times while visiting a Woodlands Dog Park.
Each dog's owner/handler is responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog's waste. This will help keep the park environment clean so that dogs, children and adults are happy and healthy. Pet waste left behind can transmit harmful diseases to other pets and children. Be sure to look for the "Dogipot," located at every dog park, as well as other parks and public gathering locations. The Dogipots provide courtesy litter bags to encourage dog owners to contribute in keeping The Woodlands Parks clean.