There are currently five (5) dog-friendly parks throughout The Woodlands. Each offers plenty of room for your Fido or Fifi to run, play and socialize with other dogs from around the neighborhood.
The Bear Branch Dog Friendly Area is 2+ very shady acres, separated into a large dog section and a small dog section. There is water available in both areas and many benches.
Cattail Park is approximately one acre in size. It is separated into a large dog section and a small dog section.
Harper's Landing is a smaller in size at less than one acre, and is not divided for large and small dogs.
Tamarac Park's Dog Friendly area is the newest dog park. It is spacious at more than an acre in size and very well shaded with large, mature trees. The entire area is covered in mulch as opposed to grass or exposed earth. There are several benches and a water source.
Terramont Park is tailor-made for the little dogs. Terramont Park is diverse in it's offerings for recreation, leaving only a small area available for dogs. This is perfect, however, for the multitude of Yorkies, Chiuauas and Shih Tzus that are so popular for their tiny statures.
Per Parks Department Rules dogs 25 pounds and under qualifies as small. Dog Park Hours are from Dawn to Dusk daily. Patrons will use the Dog Parks at their own risk.
The Woodlands is not an incorporated city so it cannot pass laws or ordinances of its own. Fortunately, Montgomery County has passed an ordinance that requires animals to be vaccinated, leashed and controlled, etc. The ordinance is enforced through the Montgomery County Health Department, Animal Control Division. Their phone number is 281 364-4200.
If a dog or cat is running loose or becoming a nuisance in the neighborhood, Animal Control will provide you with specific information regarding their services. The Woodlands Development Standards (or Deed Restrictions) address certain aspects of pet ownership as well. Contact the Residential Design Review Committees for a Standards booklet at 281 210-3973.
The Woodlands Dog Park Rules
• No animals other than dogs may be brought into the fenced area.
• Children under 9 are not permitted in the park as it is strongly urged that young children not be brought into the dog park area for their own safety.
• All dogs must be leashed when entering and leaving the Park.
• All dogs must have current vaccinations and should be healthy and free from contagious disease and parasites.
• Never leave dogs unattended while at the dog park.
• Dogs must be in view of and within voice control of their owner/handler at all times.
• Pinch, choker chains and spiked collars must be removed from dogs prior to entering the dog park for the safety of other dogs as well as patrons. Small, bite sized training treats are permitted.
• Dog's owner/handler must carry a leash with them at all times while in the park.
• Dog's owner/handler are responsible for picking up and disposing of all of their dog's waste.
• Dogs in heat are prohibited.
• Dogs showing any signs of aggression must be leashed and immediately removed from the park.
• Puppies under 4 months of age are prohibited.
• All dogs must be under the control of an adult, and there is a limit of three (3) dogs per adult in the park at any time.
• Glass containers, food in bowls, long lasting chews and human food are not allowed inside the dog park area.
• Smoking is prohibited.
• Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades or any motorized vehicles are not allowed in the dog parks.
• Owners/handlers must stop their dogs from digging and are responsible for filling any holes their dog creates.
• In an emergency, please contact the Parks Department at 281-210-3800 or call 911.
• Dog's owners/handlers are responsible for the actions and behavior of their dogs at all times while visiting a Woodlands Dog Park.
Please Clean Up After Your Dog
Each dog's owner/handler is responsible for picking up and disposing of their dog's waste. This will help keep the park environment clean so that dogs, children and adults are happy and healthy. Pet waste left behind can transmit harmful diseases to other pets and children. Be sure to look for the "Dogipot," located at every dog park, as well as other parks and public gathering locations. The Dogipots provide courtesy litter bags to encourage dog owners to contribute in keeping The Woodlands Parks clean.
Top Five Reasons to Clean Up After Your Dog
It's a common courtesy. Only irresponsible dog owners leave their dog's waste for others to look at, step in or clean up. In addition to creating a foul odor, leaving your dog's poop encourages other dogs to mark that spot.
Dog waste is unhealthy. Pet waste carries disease-causing organisms such as Giardia and Salmonella which can make water unsafe for drinking or swimming; one gram of dog feces contains an average of 23 million fecal coliform bacteria.
Dog waste biodegrades slowly. Biodegradation process is very slow especially in places where dog population is high. Poop can accumulate faster than it breaks down. During summer months, dog waste can become especially smelly, and that is annoying to everyone.
Dog waste makes dog owners look bad. Dog poop is one of reasons for negative opinions of dogs. Not picking up after your dog tops the list of complaints about dogs.
Your actions set example for others. Teach children how to properly clean up after a pet. Tell friends and neighbors about the ill effects of animal waste on the environment. Encourage them to clean up after pets.
Bear Branch Skate Park 5200 Research Forest Drive The Woodlands, Texas 77381 Bear Branch Park is located adjacent to The Woodlands Recreation Center. Bear Branch Park is both a dog friendly park and ...
Cattail Park 9323 Cochran's Crossing Drive The Woodlands, Texas 77381 Cattail Park is on the west side of Cochran's Crossing Drive, just north of the entrance to The Palmer Clubhouse/Golf Course . Ca...
Harper's Landing Park 2 North Blair Bridge Drive The Woodlands, Texas 77385 The park at Harper's Landing is one of only six parks in the Village of College Park , and one of only three on the east si...
Tamarac Park 1300 North Millbend Drive The Woodlands, Texas 77380 The third park installed in The Woodlands, Tamarac Park has been updated a number of times over the years, most recently with a revam...
Terramont Park 8500 Terramont Drive The Woodlands, Texas 77382 Terramont Park , located in Sterling Ridge near the corner of Branch Crossing Drive and Terramont Drive has one of only two disc golf co...
The Woodlands Events Guide is an independent information resource, owned and operated by 1st Choice Computer Services LLC The Woodlands Events website is not an official website of THE WOODLANDS® development or The Woodlands Township and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by THE WOODLANDS® development or The Woodlands Land Development Company, L.P. THE WOODLANDS is a registered trademark of The Woodlands Land Development Company, L.P.